Workshop with Amy Funderburk
August 10th and 11th
“Creativity is part of human nature. It can only be untaught.” Ai Weiwei, artist
Prepare to fan the fires of your creative potential! Both artists and non-artists are welcome, because creative problem-solving is a vital asset to any career.
Get ready to play as we explore exercises and techniques designed to stimulate and strengthen right-brain skills and expand lateral thinking. To court the Muse, participants will use simple drawing tools and collage media with imagination activities, brainstorming, and journaling techniques, along with a lot of surprises. Go beyond “thinking outside the box” and embrace the unexpected!
- Dates and times: Saturday, August 10th, 11 AM to 6 PM and Sunday, August 11th, 1 PM to 5 PM
- Location: Amy Funderburk’s Studio 111, West End Mill Works, 915 Bridge Street, Winston-Salem, NC
- Early bird rate, enroll by July 8th: $125
- After July 8th, $150.
- Enrollment deadline: August 1st.
As soon as you sign up, your creative journey will begin! You will be given some preparatory techniques prior to the workshop, so the sooner you enroll the better.
For more information or to enroll, contact Amy Funderburk:
Amy (at) AmyFunderburkArtist.com
“Creativity is intelligence having fun.” Albert Einstein
As I schedule additional workshops, I will post information about them here, so be sure to keep checking back.
I am also currently available to schedule art workshops with organizations. If you are with an arts organization, please let me know if you would like a full brochure listing the topics I currently offer.
Your buffet of choices includes:
• Mastering Color: Does your heart sing when you see an array of new pigments in every color of the rainbow? Do you get overwhelmed by the choices, or stumped when it comes to using them effectively? Learn how colors affect each other as well as the viewer’s perception. Learn to evoke whatever emotional response you wish through your compositional color choices. We will also be discussing the symbolism and psychology of color.
• Psychology of the Self: The Art of the Self-Portrait: Why do artists feel compelled to depict themselves in their work? Find out first hand that there is more to the issue than the availability and affordability of a model.
• Beyond Green: Using Color in the Landscape: How do you handle all that green? What approaches can artists take today to keep their landscapes original and fresh with vibrant color? Participants will be given keys to making editorial decisions about color choices in the landscape.
• New: Igniting Creativity! Both artists and non artists are welcome to fan the fires of creative potential. Get ready to play as we explore exercises and techniques designed to stimulate and strengthen right brain skills and expand lateral thinking. To court the Muse, participants will use simple drawing, collage, brainstorming, and journaling techniques, along with a lot of surprises. Go beyond “thinking outside the box” and embrace the unexpected!
• The Business of Art seminar: Are you ready to turn your hobby into a business? Have you been selling your art, but a phrase such as the “Creative Property Exclusion to the Uniform Capitalization Rule” sounds like a foreign language? Unsure about how to price your work or find the right gallery? Art is a business, and the more artists themselves treat it as such, the more the general public can also be educated about the value of artwork.
And much more!